Evesham Festival of Words
A celebration of words in all their forms, written, spoken, sung, with something for all the family.
You can now download the outline 2020 programme!
Looking for an exciting Christmas/birthday present for someone? Then an Evesham Festival of Words Gift Voucher may be just what you are looking for! Available in denominations of £10, the voucher will be emailed to you on payment and can be redeemed against any future Festival event.
Check out our first Festival video from the 2018 Open Mic session.
If you have any queries, contact Festival Chair, email: email@example.com, or tel: 0787 1285606.
You can now buy a BRILLIANT BOOK BAG! This handy cotton bag – especially designed for the Evesham Festival of Words – is a wonderful memento and an excellent gift! Stock is limited; so make sure to buy yours now! Also available to purchase at Festival events. Price: £2.50 plus £1.25 P&P.
So, how was 2019?
- “I had a brilliant time…. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend your festival to other authors.” (Author Mike Gayle)
- “I had such a lovely time on Sunday. Thank you so much for inviting me. I hope to see you all again some time with another book.” (Author Joanna Cannon)
- “I was very pleased with the Poetry Picnic. An idyllic garden, beautiful weather and a very good turnout. The quality of the poetry was high as well, and the tea and cake much appreciated.” (Poet Suz Winspear)
- “The whole event has been a roaring success.” (Chris O’Connor)
- A Globetrotter’s A-Z: “Absolutely brilliant, the best of the four ‘travel talks with a literary twist’ that Sue has done for the Festival.” (Anne Albright)
- The Prince Who Beat the Empire: “Absolutely fantastic, for me the best festival event of the last four years.” (John Dickman)
- Remembering Johnny Kingom: “An absolutely outstanding event.” (Galen Bartholomew)
- An Evening with Mike Gayle: “A wonderful evening, Mike Gayle was so entertaining, and such an honour to receive my Short Story Competition prize from him.” (Christine Griffin)
- The Trouble with Goats and Sheep: “Joanna Cannon was wonderful, just as I imagined she would be, so glad we were able to attract her to Evesham, and better still that she is looking forward to coming back again soon.” (Helen Yendall)
- The Bewildering Business of Book Covers: “My favourite event, interesting, enjoyable and presented in such a wonderful way. (Noelle Chambers)