Evesham Festival of Words
A celebration of words in all their forms, written, spoken, sung, with something for all the family. Launched in 2016, the first year of the Festival was fun, frantic and festive. 2017 has been bigger and better, with a fabulous programme within the main Festival period, and fringe events before and after. And we are now starting to plan for 2018 – watch this space!
To purchase tickets click on relevant event in Programme to buy online, or contact Festival Chair, tel 0787 1285606, email: [email protected], or visit the Almonry Museum.
So, how did 2017 go, in the eyes of those who attended?
- “It was a brilliant day” (Sunday Times best-selling author, Susan Lewis)
- “I think you’re doing a wonderful thing for Evesham. Well done.” (Festival Patron, and TV and radio presenter, Michael Collie)
- “Congratulations to you and your team for organising such a fantastic and professional event.” (Stuart Carter, Town Clerk)
- “You’ve been so organised and friendly, and a real joy to deal with. Thanks for having me at your fabulous festival” (Rachel Kelly, presenter of The Healing Power of Poetry)
- “What a lovely group of people at the Evesham Festival of Words 2017. A great variety of events held in a truly friendly atmosphere. This writer for one will definitely be back next year.” (Tom Bryson, crime writer)
- “Died Blondes was a triumph. Such talent for putting on amazing events in fantastic venues. And lovely to see we are building up a following.” (Anne Albright)
- “Some festivals encourage creativity, and Evesham was one of them. Fantastic!” (Richard O’Neill, children’s storyteller)
You can now buy a brilliant book bag! This handy cotton bag – especially designed for the Evesham Festival of Words – is a wonderful memento and an excellent gift! Stock is limited; so make sure to buy yours now! Also available to purchase at Festival events. Price: £2.50 plus £1.25 P&P.