Evesham Festival of Words
A celebration of words in all their forms, written, spoken, sung, with something for all the family. Launched in 2016, planning for 2018 is now complete. The main Festival weekend runs from Friday 29th June – Sunday 1st July, but with a packed programme of ‘fringe’ events right through the year!
Details of all 2018 events, including Six Word Story Competition, and how to obtain tickets are now on the website (under Programme). You can also DOWNLOAD the 2018 brochure. TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE!!
If you have any queries, contact Festival Chair, email: [email protected], or tel: 0787 1285606.
You can now buy a brilliant book bag! This handy cotton bag – especially designed for the Evesham Festival of Words – is a wonderful memento and an excellent gift! Stock is limited; so make sure to buy yours now! Also available to purchase at Festival events. Price: £2.50 plus £1.25 P&P.
So, how did 2017 go, in the eyes of those who attended?
- “It was a brilliant day” (Sunday Times best-selling author, Susan Lewis)
- “I think you’re doing a wonderful thing for Evesham. Well done.” (Festival Patron, and TV and radio presenter, Michael Collie)
- “Congratulations to you and your team for organising such a fantastic and professional event.” (Stuart Carter, Town Clerk)
- “You’ve been so organised and friendly, and a real joy to deal with. Thanks for having me at your fabulous festival” (Rachel Kelly, presenter of The Healing Power of Poetry)
- “What a lovely group of people at the Evesham Festival of Words 2017. A great variety of events held in a truly friendly atmosphere. This writer for one will definitely be back next year.” (Tom Bryson, crime writer)
- “Died Blondes was a triumph. Such talent for putting on amazing events in fantastic venues. And lovely to see we are building up a following.” (Anne Albright)
- “Some festivals encourage creativity, and Evesham was one of them. Fantastic!” (Richard O’Neill, children’s storyteller)